Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorry boys, but we're taken!



"Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with"

This quote is off Sex in the City, a show I love dearly. I can relate to the bonds each woman has with each other. They go through life trying to make relationships with the opposite sex work, but always come back to the bonds they share with each other.

So many people walk through life without other people to lean on. I may not be blessed with successful relationships with the opposite sex, (Ok, I'm probably not!) but, if there's anything I know, my girlfriends are my other half. They are my soul mates in life.

The men in my life, must understand my girlfriends come first. They will continue to come first, because as soon as you walk out of my life, I can guarantee that they will still be there for me. And in all honesty, my girlfriends were around way before you were.

Maybe this is negative thinking, but its the way I see it. I'm not closed to the opportunity that there is somebody special out there for me, because there probably is. But I figure life will happen when its suppose to. When he does come along, God help him. I pray that he runs into my girlfriends, because they understand me and the way I think.

I'm going to go ahead and admit it...at times I'm crazy. I have more shoes than I can wear in a lifetime, yet continue to fill a closet that is already full. I say that I'm not interested in anything serious, and its all fun but my emotions probably run deeper. I don't have to explain these things to my girlfriends, they automatically know.


We may be crazy but, we will always have each other. Women have each other through tough times. It's something I'm really thankful for. I know whenever I need them, they'll be there. It may take me days or weeks to open up, but I always do. Men, rarely open up to each other about anything or share their emotions. When have you ever seen three men curled up in a bed together, with wine and a movie because their day was rough or their girlfriends broke up with them?

Living in a sorority house, I've learned how great a cheap bottle of wine is. Shared with friends, its a great  way to  unwind. Even if the wine is cheap, the conversation and laughter is entertaining. We've driven around town traveling aimlessly (not after the bottle of wine, of course!) listening to Clay Walker on the radio or busting out the lyrics to Dierks Bentley's, "Long Trip Alone".

Who else will sit on the toilet and talk to you while you are taking a shower? Or drag you out for the night when you'd really rather just lay in bed? One of my girlfriend's gets really hyper when she drinks coffee. We gossip far later into the night than we should. I've encountered hiking trips with orange juice and vodka, more coffee dates than I can count, concerts, and road trips. Hilarious trips, and conversations. We'll talk about anything. I've had post it notes left for me on my mirror and whole wardrobes to share. I don't know how I get dressed in the morning, these days, with my girlfriends  and their closets so far away.

 This blog is dedicated to all the women who have touched my life in such positive ways. You know who you are.

I will end this blog with one last word, Texas.


Hope you understand the code.

 DG

2 comments:

  1. Texas Margs at El Pac! :)Love you Danielle & great point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, can't wait for El Pac with you!!

    ReplyDelete