Friday, February 4, 2011

Days like today


I told my Mom I needed to stop and buy sunglasses for my six hour drive. I guess the rain is God's way of saying, I don't need to buy sunglasses today. Regardless, days like today are meant for curling up in bed with a good book, not driving.

People don't know how to drive in the rain. What idiot in their right mind doesn't turn their lights on when its raining? It makes things all the more complicated, when  they decide to speed up, then slow down, then speed up! And I get to spend the afternoon squinting to try and see where they are.

After my long road trip, I had to run into Target today to get some resume paper. Of all days to drop my purse, guess who decided to do that today. Yes, in the middle of the road, all of my belongings are now drenched. And the honking was not appreciated. I picked everything up as fast as I could, thank you very much!

On a more positive note, I have an interview tomorrow with Commander Peterson for the Supply Corps Officer position with the Navy. Wish me luck. I think my organizational skills are a great match for this position.

I'll make tomorrow's post more interesting, promise. I'm on my way to find a couch, coffee and a lifetime movie, and pajama bottoms. Interruptions will not be accepted.

Happy Friday to all!

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment