Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seven more days

I hate that I am going to have to discontinue this blog, temporarily. Blog writing is simply not permitted at basic training; along with everything else in life. I am going to write down my thoughts as much as I can while I am there. I will be a published author one day; just you wait and see. Lets pray that 2 months will go by really fast. In Florida, I will resume this blog.

Keep checking my facebook. My mom will have my password and login information. She will post my address in my status as soon as she hears from me.

This morning, I woke up to begin my day with one of my sister's blog, Jackie Campbell. Check it out! http://carefuldreamer23.blogspot.com/ Anyways, she talked about the simple things in life such as; morning coffee, and sunshine in the Carolina's. She's right; coffee in the morning is my blessing.

God, how I am going to miss coffee! I could be in Switzerland, freezing my butt off, but that cup of coffee in my hand would make everything ok. Lots of people told me I should stop drinking coffee to wean myself off of it before I go to basic. I think I will disagree and savor every drop until it is no longer available.

Its Wednesday now. I have exactly seven days. I am thankful that God has placed the Navy in my life. I am excited to see where it takes me. I realize in basic, its going to take me through hell and back again. Well, bring it! I'm ready...or as ready as I'll ever be.

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment