Saturday, February 19, 2011

Combat Boots


Ok, so I am kind of freaking out. I enlisted into the military-- the Navy specifically. I'm going to basic training in two weeks. That's right, two weeks! I went through MEPS last Wednesday and choose a job that leaves in two weeks. I think I am crazy. I am terrified for boot camp to begin.

All this time I expected to leave maybe June or July. You know, have a nice summer laying out by the river. My only worry in the world would be to get as tan as I could. Well, surprise! I have exactly two weeks to push myself as far as I can physically. I sort of stopped working out over the holidays to study for that stupid test. It was so cold outside. Well, now I regret not being as active as I should have been for the last month. Now I have to kick it into high gear to be ready for March 2nd. I'm terrified. They are going to yell at me hard core. I know I will collapse while trying to do push ups.

I'm excited though! My job is something called Aviation Ordnanceman. This consists of loading bombs and artillery onto different types of aircraft. I know absolutely nothing about guns or weapons. This is a huge leap for me. Cross your fingers that I will excel at this job and enjoy it. I can't wait to devote five years to someone else for awhile. "To lend to those less fortunate a helping hand" I want to help others and be there for my country. After five years of doing as much as I can for others, then I'll be ready to focus on me. And hopefully know what I want to do for the rest of my life professionally.

So I may have to put this blog on hold for a little while. I'll be in Great Lakes, Chicago for 8 weeks and 5 days. After I make it through basic, I'll attend A school and receive 4 weeks of specialized training.

Wish me luck! I'm trading in my cowboy boots for combat boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment