Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let me ask you a question?

How can one person be so undecided on everything? People ask me what I'm doing with my life, daily. Daily, the answer is I don't know. Danielle, why don't you want to pursue nutrition and get your RD? I don't know. I'm terrified of doing something and hating it, maybe. I'm currently taking officer placement tests for the Navy, but honestly...I don't know. I don't have any idea what I want out of life. At least, I know what I don't want.

I don't want to get married and settle down... yet. Lately, I've just been getting fed up with the male population as a whole. Seriously, I don't understand why men have such a high rate of ignorance in their lives.

I don't want anyone holding me back from the dreams that I have. I don't want anyone telling me I can't do something. I don't need that. Maybe, I am losing my patience, but the more and more I read Anne Sexton, the more I decide men are a waste of time. I'm tired of investing my heart into people, only to be hurt.

I don't want to live somewhere where the air isn't clear. It is imperative that I be able to roll down my windows and drive until my thoughts are cleared. I can't do that in a city filled with smog and pollution.

The beach would be nice. Maybe I'm asking for too much. I don't know, but I refuse to settle. So even if I don't know where my life is headed, at least I know the ride getting there will be worth it...because there will be country music on the radio and I, my friend, will be jammin'.


So, let me ask you a question? What do you want out of life?


Dani G.

No comments:

Post a Comment